Worried about a child?

Telephone 999 if there is an emergency and a child is in immediate danger.

Anyone who has concerns about a child’s welfare should contact Children’s Social Care, and should do so immediately if there is a concern that the child is suffering significant harm or is likely to do so. Practitioners who make a referral should always follow up their concerns if they are not satisfied with the response (Source: Working Together 2018)

Please CLICK HERE for information, and to contact Children’s Social Care to request a service (including MASH).

Practitioners may also wish to refer to the HIPS (Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth and Southampton Partnership) Joint Working Protocol for professional challenge and resolution of professional disagreement (Escalation Protocol)

If you are worried about yourself or a friend talking to someone can help you to feel better and decide what to do. You can also talk to an adult you trust, like your parents or a teacher, or you can call Childline at any time on 0800 1111 to talk about any issue, big or small. Or you can visit the Childline website here

Hits: 875